Written by ADW News
According to a new study by the Atlanta Business Chronicle in their annual Education Guide Henry W. Grady High School has the highest average SAT test scores in the city of Atlanta.
Grady High students averaged a 1508 score on their SATs. The score is out of a possible top score of 2400. The rankings were based on scores from each school's 2012 senior class. This score is calculated by using the student's most recent test administration.
The Chronicle ranked the top 14 schools in the city.
North Atlanta High School finished second with an average of 1426. DM Therrell School of Health Science and Research was the last-ranked score by the Chroncile with an average SAT score of 1128.
A full list of the top 14 schools in Atlanta is below:
1. Henry W. Grady High School -- 1,508
2. North Atlanta High School -- 1,426
3. Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School -- 1,359
4. Carver Early College -- 1,336
5. South Atlanta School of Law and Social Justice -- 1,320
6. Carver School of the Arts -- 1,306
7. Benjamin E. Mays High School -- 1,303
8. Carver School of Technology -- 1,236
9. Carver High School of Health Sciences and Research -- 1,197
10. Booker T. Washington High School -- 1,191
11. Frederick Douglass High School -- 1,190
12. South Atlanta School of Computer Animation and Design -- 1,164
13. South Atlanta School of Health and Medical Science -- 1,162
14. D.M. Therrell School of Health Science and Research -- 1,128